Brightening Your Space
Throughout the year, I maintain fresh flowers in my home. It’s pretty easy for me in the spring through fall because I can clip blooms and things from my gardens. During the long winter months, I rely on local markets to keep me supplied with colorful blooms until I can reap the benefits of my own plantings.
One of my favorite flowers is tulips. They are bright, cheery, have a gentle scent and they can last for a week or longer (if you add a penny to your vase)! Just last week, I was focusing on my solar plexus chakra and picked up these yellow tulips and calla lilies from Trader Joe’s for about $12. That’s $12 for a small arrangement that is bring me job in a low-key way!
Five benefits to maintaining fresh flowers in your home, especially during cold northern cities:
– They boost your mood. Our moods are generally heightened when in natural environments so bring outdoors into your home.
– They reduce stress. Research from the University of North Florida has shown that something as simple as flowers can help. The 2018 findings show that people who lived with flowers in their homes for just a few days reported a significant decrease in their stress levels in addition to overall mood improvement.
– They increase your sex appeal! Remember Marcus and his tulips in the movie, “Boomerang?” One of my favorites.
– They help decrease pain and aid in healing from illnesses and injuries. According to a 2008 study produced by The American Society for Horticulture Science, patients exposed to flowers had lower blood pressure and heart rate, lower ratings of pain, anxiety, and fatigue, and more positive feelings.
– They add beauty to your space! Obvious.
Tell me! Do you keep fresh flowers in your space OR even plants because they can also some of the same natural magic! What benefits do/have you experience(d)?