Root Chakra Alignment
The Heart is the 4th chakra in our 7-chakra system. It is known as the chakra that shapes our lives with self-acceptance, self-love, transformation, compassion, openness, and unconditional love of others. It is also said to be the bridge between our earthly grounded and spiritual aspirations. The heart charka is not located in our physical hearts but rather the center of the chest.
The energy of heart chakra is motivated by love and allows us to recognize that we are part of a larger world and that we are interconnected through relationships extending through life and the universe. In Sanskrit, the heart chakra is referred to as the Anahata which means unhurt, the spiritual place where past experiences and grievances cannot harm us. The color associated with Anahata is color green and it is connected to the element of air.
When the heart chakra is balanced, we are full of love, forgiveness and compassion. We are also able to transcend personal identity and limitations of the heightened ego.
Heart Chakra imbalances manifestations will wreak havoc in relationships with other and self often leaving us overruled by negativity towards others, desperation, feeling unworthy of love and affection. An unbalanced heart chakra also affects the physical body with negative issues as well.
No matter if you have a recent or even a blockage since childhood, opening the heart is the start of your healing process.
Symptoms associated with an unbalanced heart chakra include:
- Being overly defensive
- Feeling closed down
- Rejection or fear of intimacy
- Codependency, relying on other’s approval and attention
- Battling between the role of the savior or conversely, falling into victimization
- Tendency to isolate yourself, being recluse, antisocial
- Holding grudges and not being to forgive
- High/low blood pressure, heart issues, respiratory problems, and chest pains (also see a doctor, boo!)
When or if you find yourself imbalanced and going through changes, here are some practical things you can do to realign yourself:
- Meditation / Sound mediation focusing on your breath. Breathing deep to fill your chest with slow purposeful exhales
- Imagine that you’re drawing green energy up through your body towards the heart, starting at the base of the spine and moving upwards
- Picture that energy solidifying into a bright ball of green energy sitting at the level of the heart chakra
- As you inhale and exhale, see that ball becoming bigger and brighter
- Repeat positive affirmations about personal power
- I deeply and completely love and accept myself
- I am wanted and loved
- My heart is open to love
- I forgive myself
- I forgive
- I live in a state of grace and gratefulness
- There is an infinite supply of love
- I live in balance with others
- Work on your yoga practice with poses such as
- Spend time in natural open spaces like parks, beaches, hiking trails, taking long walks
- Add more green vegetables, herbs and fruits to your diet
- Add crystals EVERYWHERE in your life
- Pink quartz, clear quartz, jade, green calcite, malachite
- Add essential oils to your person or environment
- Rose, geranium, neroli, ylang ylang, jasmine, bergamot
Putting the work in to maintain a balanced heart chakra will ensure that your goals, desires, & outlook remain focused allowing you to manifest the life that you want to live!
The video posted here is a heart chakra tune up. Play it…. in your car, your home, on your mobile device, by yourself, with people you care for. Just do it. While listening, you can combine it with your yoga practice with the poses mentioned about while burning oils. Breathe it in. I also highly recommend using affirmations (see above for affirmations that may resonate with you) while listening. Use your voice! Use your voice with confidence.
MY HEART IS OPEN TO LOVE! I FORGIVE MYSELF!
I FORGIVE MYSELF! LOVE FLOWS THROUGH ME!
LOVE FLOWS THROUGH ME! I AM LOVE!
I AM LOVE! I AM LOVE!