Sacral Chakra Alignment
The Sacral chakra is the 2nd in our 7-chakra system and is located between the base of your spine and three inches below your navel. Our sacral chakra connects us with our emotional body, joy, sensuality, pleasure, & creativity. It is also the foundation of a healthy ego, which allows us to interact with the world from a genuine and engaged space.
The energy of sacral chakra is motivated by pleasure, with its driving force being the enjoyment of life, which occurs through sight, touch, taste, or hearing. In Sanskrit, the sacral chakra is referred to as the Svadhisthana which means where your being is established. The color associated with Svadhisthana is orange and it is connected to the element of water.
When your Svadhisthana is balanced, you are able to survive financially and physically on your own and nurture your relations (not just intimate). A balanced second chakra has the ability to take risks and have the resilience to pivot and bounce back when the unexpected occurs.
Imbalances in this energy center will manifest as shame, guilt, emotional instability, fear of change, sexual dysfunction, depression, or addictions. An unbalanced sacral chakra can also affect the physical body with hip, lower back and pelvic issues, abdominal pain, and disorders.
Symptoms associated with an unbalanced sacral chakra include:
- Lack of or unfocused creativity
- Lack of motivation
- Decreased or hyper active libido
- Attraction to negative pleasure stimulants such as food, gambling, sex, alcohol, drugs, compulsive buying
- Constantly fatigued with little energy for anything
- Extreme emotional reactions
- Constant fear of betrayal
When or if you find yourself imbalanced and going through changes, here are some practical things you can do to realign yourself:
- Meditation / Sound mediation focusing on your breath. Breathing deep to fill your chest with slow purposeful exhales
- Imagine with each breath that you’re drawing bright orange energy up through just below your belly button, starting at pelvic region
- Picture that energy solidifying into a increasingly bright ball of orange energy expanding through you
- As you inhale and exhale, see that orange energy ball becoming bigger and brighter warming your body from the inside out
- As you, inhale, breathe in deep making space and energy for better opportunities, better passion, more vibrant joy in life
- As you exhale, let go of unhealthy emotions, people, things, and memories as this is where healing begins
- Repeat positive affirmations with passion and knowing
- My sexuality is sacred
- I am at peace
- I love, enjoy, & respect my body
- I am will allow creativity to flow through me
- I am beautiful
- I am living an abundant life
- I feel complete peace from within
- Work on your yoga practice with poses such as
- Dance like no one is watching
- Play your favorite music and allow yourself to lose control
- Add crystals EVERYWHERE in your life
- Tiger’s eye, amber, citrine, sun stone, tangerine quartz, orange calcite
- Add essential oils to your person or environment
- Sandalwood, Jasmine, & Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage
Putting the work in to maintain a balanced sacral chakra will ensure that your abundance, desires, passion, and creativity remain focused and flowing allowing you to manifest in your life with passion and abundance!
The video posted here is a sacral chakra tune up. Play it…. in your car, your home, on your mobile device, by yourself, with people you care for. Just do it. While listening, you can combine it with your yoga practice with the poses mentioned about while burning oils. Breathe it in. I also highly recommend using affirmations (see above for affirmations that may resonate with you) while listening. Use your voice! Use your voice with confidence.
I AM BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE MYSELF!
I AM BEAUTIFUL! I DESERVE PASSION!
I DESERVE JOY! CREATIVITY FLOWS THROUGH ME!
CREATIVITY FLOWS THROUGH ME! I DESERVE JOY!