Solar Plexus Chakra Alignment
The Solar Plexus is the 3rd chakra in our 7-chakra system. It is also known as the chakra of personal power and located two inches above the navel at the base of the rib cage. The solar plexus is the seat of our ego and where we draw motivation to achieve our goals and shine though our personal power. The color associated with the solar plexus is yellow and it is connected to the element of fire.
When the solar plexus is balanced, we exude confidence (without being arrogant), we feel self-motivated, and have a sense of purpose.
When the solar plexus is out of balance, we may have bouts of low self-esteem, have trouble making decisions, and have control issues.
Solar plexus imbalances occur as either an excess of energy or an energy deficiency. Symptoms associated with an unbalanced solar plexus chakra include:
- Controlling, intolerant, or excessively competitive behavior
- Overeating and overindulgence
- Fatigue or excessive laziness
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of self-trust
- Low life will
- Poor digestion
- Victim mentality
- Unable to take responsibility
- Attraction to negative stimulant
When or if you find yourself imbalanced and going through changes, here are some practical things you can do to realign yourself:
- Sound mediation focusing on your breath
- Repeat positive affirmations about personal power
- I am powerful, confident and successful in all my ventures
- I honor the power within me, I honor myself
- I can do everything that I desire
- I stand in my power
- I am strong
- I release judgment of others and of myself
- Work on your yoga practice with poses such as
- Boat Pose (Navasana)
- Reverse Plank Pose (Purvottanasana)
- Sun Mudra (Surya Mudra)
- Warrior III pose (Virabhadrasana III)
- Child’s pose (Balasana)
- Spend time in the sun (may be difficult in winter months in the northern USA)
- Add crystals EVERYWHERE in your life
- Amber, Golden Topaz, Sunstone, Citrine, Tigers eye
- Add essential oils to your person or environment
- Bergamot, Clove, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger
Putting the work in to maintain a balanced solar plexus will ensure that your goals, desires, & outlook remain focused allowing you to manifest the life that you want to live!
The video posted here is a solar plexus tune up. Play it…. in your car, your home, on your mobile device, by yourself, with people you care for. Just do it. While listening, you can combine it with your yoga practice with the poses mentioned about while burning oils. Breathe it in. I also highly recommend using affirmations (see above for affirmations that may resonate with you) while listening. Use your voice! Use your voice with confidence.
I AM STRONG! I AM WORTHY!
I AM STRONG! I AM ENOUGH!
I AM WORTHY! I AM STRONG!
I AM ENOUGH! I AM ENOUGH!