Chakra Recharge Rio
It wasn’t so long ago that I was in Brazil living, learning, exploring, & putting work in between Salvador, Bahia and Rio de Janeiro.
I’m so excited to announce that I will be returning to Rio de Janeiro late April and will be co-facilitating another life lifting workshop with my friend, Prandhara Prem!
Sunday, April 28, 2020 Prandhara Prem along with Sankofa Mind + Body will be hosting the Chakra Recharge Rio!
During this work shop, which is designed to open you mind, body, & soul, we will come together during a sacred smoke and cocao ceremony. The 100% Indonesian ceremonial cocao we will be using during our time, is one of the most potent superfoods on the planet, which also expands the heart and feeds neurotransmitters in the brain.
Known as a medicine in many cultures, cocao gives us a natural high, invigorates and nourishes while flushing out old toxins! As we indulge in ceremonial cocao, we will also set our intentions and bond.
Following the cocao ceremony, we will transition to chakra breathing led by Prandhara Prem and climax to be fully immersed in deep meditative sound and vibration led my me and nine powerful Tibetan bowls!
– Abstain from coffee all day
– Fast by 3-4pm before the ceremony
– On the day, plan to arrive at 9:45 am as for a spotting ceremony upon entering sacred space
– Beauty in silence and communication only through your presence
– Wear loose clothing
– Love, love, love your inner journey and bring an open mind and heart
– You can bring your own water to moisturize and YOGA mat
– When you arrive late, be aware of quietly entering the space and contact one of us to receive your cocao.
The location will be confirmed upon prior registration and of course, you can register at the door the day the workshop!
Come transform into your best you with us!
WHAT IS CACAO?
Cacao kə-ˈkau̇) is widely referred to as the “food of the gods” is the seed found in the fruit of the Theobroma cacao tree, which is native to the Amazon Basin.
The bean was first discovered by the Mayans and has remained a staple in many cultures ever since.
Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing unroasted cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cacao and removes the fat (cacao butter). Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, cacao can be considered a “superfood.”
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT IN A CACAO CEREMONY?
Every cacao ceremony is different depending on the energies of the group present and the facilitation, there are some basic things that you can expect when participating in a cacao ceremony:
- A safe, nourishing environment for you to connect with yourself, the spirit of cacao, and other people in deeper ways than one can usually access when by yourself
- The group will be led through a cacao blessing, where they learn about the cacao they are drinking, and how it was prepared
- The facilitator will guide the group through experiences to help move through the intended set intentions. These experiences can include guided meditations, sound immersion, touch, dance, movement, and more